NEW FOR 2019 Season
- DO NOT TOUCH WHALE SHARKS
- It is NOT GUARANTEED to see Whale Sharks. It is better odds by the 3rd week of June usually, by July we are FULL of whale sharks!! We do our best to respect the animals and if their are 5 or less whale sharks we can only observe the whale sharks from the boat. This is in an effort to keep these beauties safe and not harassed by tourists.
- Life Jackets are MANDATORY!! Previous year we would rent wetsuits and allow others to free dive. There have been too many incidents of people trying to swim under the Whale Shark and ran to in to the big fish. We only want to observe these amazing creatures not to touch them. The oils from our skin can cause sores on them. You can still wear your own wetsuit (not needed) but you will need to use a life jacket.
- No SUN BLOCK!! Wear long sleeves or a rash guard. Rash guard is a thin material shirt that many people use while swimming and snorkeling. The oils from these are not good for the Whale Shark nor are they good for the ocean in general. For time in the sun be sure to bring hats and such. If you MUST wear sunblock please bring the organic kind. All others are not allowed.
***You can be allowed to wear a wetsuit only if you can prove you are free dive or skin dive certified. The Whale Sharks are surface eaters so it is not necessary to dive down to see them***
- This tour is for ages 6 yrs or older
- Take/Buy/Bring Dramamine pill – This helps with getting sea sick (strongly suggested)
- Meeting points:
- Isla Mujeres: is at the Pemex gas station on the north side of the island in Rueda Medina
- Cancun: Punta Sam
- Boat Ride 1 ½ to 2 hours boat ride one way
- We ask that you try to be environmentally conscious as best as you can. Help us reduce the use of plastic and chances of plastic bottles or cups going to the ocean.
- Bring refillable container for water like a yeti or other – we will have a big 5 gallon jug of water
- Please make sure to put trash in garbage bin, when available place recyclable items in proper places.
- Refuse straws and plastic bag
- Pick up from Cancun or Isla Mujeres. Transportation can be arranged from Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya and Tulum hotels.
- Days that are looking not so favorable for ocean activities we will know the night before by 8 pm if the water activity is available for the next day. In that case there is cancellation due to the port being closed to bad weather we will encourage you to participate in an alternative activity. This includes ceontes with ATVs and ziplines, Myan ruins – Chichen Itza, Tulum and Coba and any other activities not on the ocean. In case this is not possible a full refund within 2 weeks will be given to the same account on PayPal or credit card that was paid by.